BETHLEHEM SCHOOL ENROLMENT SCHEME
Home Zone Enrolments
Thank you for your interest in our kura. Parents and whānau who wish to enrol children at Bethlehem School will need to complete a School Enrolment Form. All students who live within the home zone in the map above and described below shall be entitled to enrol at Bethlehem School.
Parents of students who live within the home zone should enrol their child at Bethlehem School by October 18 2021 to assist the school to plan appropriately for next year.
The zone includes all residential addresses found on or within the boundary described below: From a point on the Wairoa River directly adjacent to Harrison Road, along Harrison Road to the Cambridge Road / Moffat Rd intersection, north along Cambridge Road to the Waihi Road / Cambridge Road intersection. Westward along Waihi Road to SH2, along SH2 to Mayfield Lane. Along Mayfield Lane to its conclusion, onward along the western side of Carmichael’s Drain (now Tauranga District Council reserve land) which leads out to the Tauranga Harbour stopping at its intersection with the East Coast main trunk railway. Westward along the East Coast main trunk railway line until it meets the Wairoa River, southwards and upstream along the Wairoa River to the point adjacent Harrison Lane.
Also included within the Home Zone are:
- all residences that directly border the portions of the boundary roads mentioned above
- all side roads off Cambridge Road between Harrison Road and Waihi Road
Our enrolment forms can be completed three ways:
- Online: Enrolments may be completed online by going to https://enrol.etap.co.nz/ and entering the school code 1697.
- Download: Please use the link of the sidebar to download an Enrolment Form to scan completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or return in person to the school office.
- In Person: School Enrolment forms can be collected from our school office.
Completed enrolment forms should be returned to the school office, including the following documents:
- Proof of the child’s or children’s usual place of residence (power or phone account less than 3 months old as proof of address)
- Either the child’s birth certificate or passport
- Immunisation certificates
Children who have not previously been enrolled in a New Zealand school, are required to provide evidence that they are eligible to enrol (i.e parent work visa, student visa located in passport).
Out of Zone Enrolment Applications
Tēnā koutou katoa
Thank you for your interest in our kura. Our Bethlehem School Board has identified that there will likely be up to 20 spaces for Out of Zone student applications in 2023. Fifteen places will be in the mainstream programme with likely ten places in Year 0/1, five places in Year 3 and five places in the Rumaki unit. To make an application for one of out-of-zone places for next year, please complete an Out of Zone Application Form located HERE or from our school office. The number of in-zone enrolments may impact the number of available positions. If the number of out-of-zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot.