BETHLEHEM SCHOOL ENROLMENT SCHEME
Home Zone Enrolments
Thank you for your interest in our kura. Parents and whānau who wish to enrol children at Bethlehem School will need to complete a School Enrolment Form. All students who live within the home zone in the map above and described below shall be entitled to enrol at Bethlehem School.
Parents of students who live within the home zone should enrol their child at Bethlehem School by the beginning of Term 4 in the year prior to starting to assist the school to plan appropriately for next year.
The zone includes all residential addresses found on or within the boundary described below: From a point on the Wairoa River directly adjacent to Harrison Road, along Harrison Road to the Cambridge Road / Moffat Rd intersection, north along Cambridge Road to the Waihi Road / Cambridge Road intersection. Westward along Waihi Road to SH2, along SH2 to Mayfield Lane. Along Mayfield Lane to its conclusion, onward along the western side of Carmichael’s Drain (now Tauranga District Council reserve land) which leads out to the Tauranga Harbour stopping at its intersection with the East Coast main trunk railway. Westward along the East Coast main trunk railway line until it meets the Wairoa River, southwards and upstream along the Wairoa River to the point adjacent Harrison Lane.
Also included within the Home Zone are:
- all residences that directly border the portions of the boundary roads mentioned above
- all side roads off Cambridge Road between Harrison Road and Waihi Road
Our enrolment forms can be completed three ways:
- Online: Enrolments may be completed online by going to https://enrol.etap.co.nz/ and entering the school code 1697.
- Download: Please use the link of the sidebar to download an Enrolment Form to scan completed forms to email@example.com or return in person to the school office.
- In Person: School Enrolment forms can be collected from our school office.
Completed enrolment forms should be returned to the school office, including the following documents:
- Proof of the child’s or children’s usual place of residence (power or phone account less than 3 months old as proof of address)
- Either the child’s birth certificate or passport
- Immunisation certificates
Children who have not previously been enrolled in a New Zealand school, are required to provide evidence that they are eligible to enrol (i.e parent work visa, student visa located in passport).
Out of Zone Enrolment Applications
Thank you for your interest in our kura.
Our Bethlehem School Board has identified that there will likely be up to 25 spaces for Out of Zone student applications in 2024.
Fifteen places will be available in Year 0/1 and ten places in the Rumaki unit (Te Paeroa). These are the only year levels and areas of the school for which we will be accepting Out of Zone applications for 2024.
To make an application for one of out-of-zone places for next year, please complete an Out of Zone Application Form located HERE or from our school office. The number of in-zone enrolments may impact the number of available positions. If the number of out-of-zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot.
- Applications open Monday 14 August 2023
- Applications close 12.00pm Monday 30 October 2023
- Ballot is held on Wednesday 1 November 2023
- Successful out of zone applicants will be contacted via email within three days of ballot
If there are still out-of-zone places remaining after the first application period ends, another pre-enrolment and application period will be offered in early 2024. Details will be posted on our school website and Facebook.